• "Et Cetera"

    ,,,,,,,,,,,,

    Et Cetera is presented by enthusiastic young people committed to growing fine grapes and producing wines of uniquely Moldovan character. They are firmly convinced that their native place has all the necessary conditions to make their dream come true--to create a noble luxury wine and to develop the wine culture in Moldova.

     

    The vineyards "Et Cetera" were planted in 2003, in village Crocmaz, Stefan Voda region, ideal by its climatic condition for growing best vineyards. The winery was built in 2009 and at the moment it is surrounded by 50 ha of vineyards.  

    Besides classical well known varieties of grapes like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Traminer, and Chardonnay, in 2009 there were also planted Syrah, Negro Amaro, Petit Verdot, Albaroso, Marselan, and Malbec. In 2011 the art of the vineyard was recrafted with Feteasca Neagră, Feteasca Albă, Feteasca Regală, Rara Neagră and Saperavi.

     

     

    Carpe Diem - Wine Shop & Bar is a value-oriented boutique wine store and wine bar, offering an exceptional selection of distinctive and eclectic fine wines from Moldova and from all over the world.

    In our store you can find approximately 160 different wines from both classic and emerging regions, while the wine bar offers 20-25 local wines by the glass.


    Wine Tours
    47.030139, 28.830888
    1330
  • Chisinau

    ,

    An European city with wide, bright boulevards, parks and squares flooded with greenery, modern edifices located near the buildings with old architectural elements, traditional; shops and restaurants of all kinds, churches and cathedrals, parks and museums ...

    Chişinău  is the capital and largest municipality of Moldova. It is also its main industrial and commercial centre and is located in the middle of the country, on the river Bîc. According to January 2011 official estimates, Chişinău proper has a population of 664,700 and the municipality of Chişinău is home to 789,500 residents.

    The monuments of history, culture and fine arts represent a unique wealth of our capital. One of them is mostly distinguished, the monument to the ruler of Moldova Stephen the Great and Saint (set up in 1927, arch. A. Bernardazzi), national symbol, dominating the Square of Great National Assembly.

    The city’s emblem represents the pictures of buildings in the city’s center built in neo classical and neo Rumanian style: among which there are City Council (1902, arch. Elladi, Bernardazzi), Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of the History of Nature and Ethnography, National Museum of History (former Secondary school for boys), Water Tower (nowadays, Museum of city), Ciuflea Church – Cathedral of Saint Martyr Theodor Tiron, built in 1850-1858, Mazarakii Church (1752-1757) – the oldest building preserved in Chisinau. (People say that the church was built by the feudal lord Mazarakii, the chief of the town, on the foundation of Tatarian fortress from X-XIIth c.c. and destroyed by Tatars themselves in XIV-th c.c.).

    Many modern-style buildings were built in the city since 1991. There are also a lot of office and shopping complexes that are modern, renovated or newly built; including Kentford, SkyTower, and Union Fenosa headquarters. However, the old Soviet-style clusters of living blocks are still an extensive feature of the cityscape.

    The monument to Stephen the Great and Saint marks the entrance to the Central public Garden, where there is the Alley of Classics, inaugurated in 1957. We call it as our "spiritual Pantheon" The busts of the most distinguished personalities of national literature and culture from XIV-XX-th XX c.c. are represented in this Alley: M. Eminescu, V. Alecsandri, I. Creanga, B.-P. Hijdeu, A. Hajdeu, D. Cantemir, A. Mateevici, A. Donici, O. Goga etc.

    Modern Chisinau is a city of sweet-smelling verdure, with clean parks and streets, with a great number of entertaining and business centers, hospitable restaurants in national style and ambient atmosphere.


    Cultural, Historical
    47.027020, 28.841343
    1125
  • Winemaking enterprise "Vinuri Ialoveni"

    ,

    "Ialoveni" winery is the only factory specialized in producing wine moldovan "Heres" (Sherry-type) wines.

    SA "Vinuri Ialoveni" – winemaking enterprise, well known in Republic of Moldova and foreign for the only one from Moldova specializing in the production of Shervin ( Sherry wines = Grape processing, production, bottling and sale of wines of all types: dry, semidry, semisweet, desert, strong, as well as of spirits.

    The company  "Vinuri Ialoveni" is about 10 km south of Chisinau  and is the largest Heres wine producing company in the Eastern Europe, having a capacity of 1 million dal of wine and a unique collection of wines that mark.

    Due to traditions of wine-makers and the modern technologies of conditioning and bottling, the IALOVENI wines correspond to the highest standards of the market. Their quality is marked by more than 70 gold, silver and bronze medals, as well as by four Grand Prix, all of these awarded at the most prestigious international wine contests. These awards are well deserved by winemakers from Ialoveni obtained for these wines, which home is Spain but Moldova could be considered their second home.

    During 55 years our masters wine-makers have created а whole series of Sherry wines, each of which possess а unique flavour and scent. The Sherry wines of Ialoveni is among most honoured and beloved wines of connoisseurs.


    Wine Tours
    46.963534, 28.767314
    1122
  • Cellars from Branesti

    ,,,,

    Cellars from Branesti are situated in a beautiful forest area, on the coast of Orheiul Vecchi. Cellars from Branesti extend over a distance of 58 km at a depth of 60 m below ground and have a surface of 75 ha.
    Cellars from Branesti consists of 2 halls of tasting with an impressive architecture, one of them is underground situated. These are worked in wood and metal, and reproduce images related to the cultivation of vines and wine production.
    Here you will be able to enjoy fine white and red wine, sparkling wine, traditional Moldavian cuisine.

    Cellars from Branesti are situated in a beautiful forest area, on the coast of Orheiul Vecchi. Cellars from Branesti extend over a distance of 58 km at a depth of 60 m below ground and have a surface of 75 ha.

    Cellars from Branesti consists of 2 halls of tasting with an impressive architecture, one of them is underground situated. These are worked in wood and metal, and reproduce images related to the cultivation of vines and wine production.

    Here you will be able to enjoy fine white and red wine, sparkling wine, traditional Moldavian cuisine.


    Wine Tours
    47.309267, 28.935585
    1117
  • Cojusna Winery

    ,,,,

    In 1908 in Moldavian village Cojusna was established a winery, which was producing wines exclusively by French technology, there were manufactures on grafting and breeding of French grape plants.

    In 1908 in Moldavian village Cojusna was established a winery, which was producing wines exclusively by French technology, there were manufactures on grafting and breeding of French grape plants.


    The Winery "Fabrica De Vin Cojusna" is located in the village Cojusna, district of Straseni. The village is situated 15 kilometers from the capital Chisinau and is considered one of the best wineries in Republic of Moldova. This is caused by the fact that the company is located in the central area of the country, in the zone of famous forests of Moldova (Area Codres), which creates a unique environment for growing high quality grapes and the production of the famous Moldavian wines.


    Over 10 types of famous wines are produced today, and the quality is consistently excellent.

    One of the best wine collections of Moldovan is located in underground galleries of "Fabrica De Vin Cojusna".


    Wine Tours
    47.100512, 28.682470
    1115
  • Chateau Vartely Winery

    ,,,,

    Wine. Culture and Leisure Resort

    Chateau Vartely is a modern Resort, situated only 45 km from Chisinau, near Orhei town.

    European standards, professional service, special programs – these are proposed by “Chateau Vartely” Resort, which represents four hotel-type houses, 2 restaurant rooms, 3 tasting rooms, a huge inner yard and a recreation area, specially designed for you to feel free and relaxed within nature.

    The company  "Chateau Vartely" LTD is the the producer of premium class wine from the best European grape variety’s, grown Southern and Central regions of the country.


    The classic European grape varieties used in the wine making determine the range:Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Traminer, Feteasca.

    In the main tasting room you can choose between two tasting packages, High Quality or Selected Wines, in order to learn about the wines produced by Chateau Vartely. The second tasting room, called “World Collection”, represents the biggest wine collection from 5 continents in the Republic of Moldova. We invite you to participate in a virtual tour through renowned wine-making regions of the world, discovering the qualities and features of each wine sort from each continent.


    Wine Tours
    47.380452, 28.833361
    1111
  • Milestii Mici Winery

    ,,,

    The State Enterprise Quality Wines Industrial Complex "Milestii Mici" was founded in 1969 to store, preserve and mature high-quality wines.
    Local ancient underground galleries reach the Chisinau borders. The limestone in the galleries maintains constant humidity (85-95%) and temperature (12 °C(54 °F) - 14 °C (57 °F)) throughout the year. The longer some specific red wines are stored in such ideal conditions, the more they improve. Some wines are cellared for several decades before being sold.

    The State Enterprise Quality Wines Industrial Complex "Milestii Mici" was founded in 1969 to store, preserve and mature high-quality wines.

    Local ancient underground galleries reach the Chisinau borders. The limestone in the galleries maintains constant humidity (85-95%) and temperature (12 °C(54 °F) - 14 °C (57 °F)) throughout the year. The longer some specific red wines are stored in such ideal conditions, the more they improve. Some wines are cellared for several decades before being sold.

    Stretching for 250 km, of which only 120 km are currently in use, the Mileştii Mici cellar complex is also the largest in the world. In 2007 Mileştii Mici wine cellars were noted in Guinness World Records 2007 Yearbook, for having the largest (2 million) wine collections in the world.

    The Gold Collection from Milestii Mici is about 2 millions of bottles of harmonious wine from the period of development the Moldavian wine: “Pinot”, “Traminer”, “Muscat”, “Riesling”, “Feteasca”, “Codru”, “Negru de Purcari”, “Trandafirul Moldovei”, “Auriu”, etc.


    Wine Tours
    46.900566, 28.800831
    1101
  • Purcari Winery

    ,,,,

    Purcari Wines - A Bottled History

    Discover all the subtleties of winemaking in Purcari. Become familiar with the process by which this heavenly beverage comes to life. For it is only here, at Vinaria Purcari, that you can feel the connection to time and eternal traditions, which together represent the foundation on which rests the quality of your favorite wines.

    On the approach, Vinaria Purcari is architecturally noticeable. The estate’s buildings and surroundings have been deliberately erected in the image of a modern French château. It represents the results of the Purcari restoration project that safeguarded and pays tribute to the legendary winery that occupied the Purcari terraces since the early 19th century. The new Purcari winery, however, is a larger, modern wine estate equipped with state-of-the-art grape receiving and winemaking facilities.

    You can see with your own eyes the cellars where French-oak barrels are used to age wonderful, quality wines and such famous blends as Rosu de Purcari and Negru de Purcari. It is here that the wines acquire nobility, maturity, bouquet—all used to conquer people’s hearts and win high awards at prestigious world contests. Thanks to the glitter of gold medals won at the European competitions, Purcari wines adorned the dinner tables of the world's greatest rulers, such as Russian Emperor Nicolai II, the English King George V and Queen Victoria.

    The old mansion’s galleries feature great collections of Purcari wines, some bottles dating back to 1948. The Wine Galleries will charm you by their neatly arranged bottles.

     


    Wine Tours
    46.460093, 29.974909
    1098
  • Serpeni Headbridge Memorial

    ,,,

    40 km east of Chisinau, on the right bank of River Nistru one can find this very Memorial of historical and national importance, which was erected in the memory of the heroes who died during the Iasi-Chisinau operation of 1944 meant to free Chisinau of the fascist occupation. The Serpeni battle was one of the cruelest in the World War II history even if it represented just a small episode of the war.

    40 km east of Chisinau, on the right bank of River Nistru one can find this very Memorial of historical and national importance, which was erected in the memory of the heroes who died during the Iasi-Chisinau operation of 1944 meant to free Chisinau of the fascist occupation. The Serpeni battle was one of the cruelest in the World War II history even if it represented just a small episode of the war.

    This memorial, the construction of which was started during the Soviet period, is situated on a piece of land which in 1944 was the battle place of only 8 km and 3 km downward. The building is made of such elements as: a stylized altar, on one side, which has a marble safe in the middle, erected in the church, with granite plaques engraved with 11 thousand names of heroes that had sacrificed their lives on this small piece of land near Nistru. In the middle one can see the eternal fire which guards two high pillars connected by a cross at the top, the cross guarding the memory of the heroes that never lost their courage when protecting this land. There is also a high tower bell on a picturesque background of Nistru, which reminds of the Moldavian history and respect for older generations.


    Historical
    47.032624, 29.353151
    1097
  • The Thanksgiving Candle

    ,,

    The Candle of Gratitude is one of the best monuments in Moldova. It is built on the rocks over the Nistru River. It is also considered as a very special work of art for another reason. It is actually built in the memory of the cultural monuments in Moldova that were destroyed in the past. Time stands still when it passes through this monument. It is a silent witness of many hopes and agonies, dreams and hard works of many past generations.

    The Candle of Gratitude is one of the best monuments in Moldova. It is built on the rocks over the Nistru River. It is also considered as a very special work of art for another reason. It is actually built in the memory of the cultural monuments in Moldova that were destroyed in the past. Time stands still when it passes through this monument. It is a silent witness of many hopes and agonies, dreams and hard works of many past generations.

    The Candle of Gratitude Monument pays homage to all the heroes of the country who always worked to preserve the culture and tradition of Moldova. They did not just secure their culture but also showcased the true colors of Moldavian tradition and history before the world.

    This national monument was the brain child of a famous Moldavian classical writer Ion Durta. This man always had a deep respect for the tradition and culture of Moldova. He wanted to pay homage to their ancestors who worked so hard to preserve the Moldavian culture. The idea of making a monument came to his mind some twenty years ago but the project was inaugurated only on March 27th, 2004. The Moldavian people contributed in various manners to complete this project. Some contributed with work, some helped by taking care of the finance. It shows the love and respect the Moldavians have for their country. On this top there appears a candle-shaped chapel 29,5 meters long, which during the night time has a light which goes as far as Otaci and Camenca. One can admire a magnificent view from the top of this hill. The tour to Moldova remains incomplete if this national monument is not visited.


    Cultural
    48.137170, 28.304751
    1096
  • Soroca Fortress

    ,,

     In the medieval period the fortress of Soroca was part of a huge Moldovan defensive system, which comprised four fortresses on the Nistru river, two on the Danube and another three in the northern part of the country. With this “stone belt of fortresses”, the country borders were well protected. Soroca fortress was built at the Nistru river crossing, on older fortifications. In 1499, on the order of Stefan cel Mare, a square wooden fortress was built, on the site of a former Genovan fortress called as Olihonia (Alciona).

     In the medieval period the fortress of Soroca was part of a huge Moldovan defensive system, which comprised four fortresses on the Nistru river, two on the Danube and another three in the northern part of the country. With this “stone belt of fortresses”, the country borders were well protected. Soroca fortress was built at the Nistru river crossing, on older fortifications. In 1499, on the order of Stefan cel Mare, a square wooden fortress was built, on the site of a former Genovan fortress called as Olihonia (Alciona).

    Between 1543–1546, while Petru Rares ruled the country, the fortress was completely re-built in stone, and in the shape one can see it today – a perfect circle, the diameter of which is 37,5 m and with 5 bastions situated at equal distances. When designing the fortress the builders incorporated the supreme law of harmony “the golden section”, which makes the fortress unique among examples of European defensive architecture.

    Soroca’s fortress is also famous for being the place where the Moldovan army, commanded by the famous statesman Dmitrie Cantemir, and the Russian army, led by the Tsar Petru I, met and consolidated their forces during the Prut campaign against the Turkish hordes in 1711. Along history, the fortress has been visited by Bogdan Hmelnitski, Timush Hmelnitski, Alexander Suvorov, and others. The fortress is the only medieval monument in Moldova, which has been preserved entirely as it was designed by its builders. Above the entrance gate one can visit the small military church.


    Historical
    48.161319, 28.305287
    1092
  • Rudi Monastery

    ,,

    Situated about 200km north of Chisinau, Rudi is one of the most interesting places to visit.
    One can find here pre-historic remains in a natural, 100m long cave, also an exceptional nature reserve, an ancient headland fortress (IV-III c. BC), two ring-shaped fortresses (IX-XII c.) called “Turkish Plate” and “Germanariu”, and a rural community rich in traditions.

    Situated about 200km north of Chisinau, Rudi is one of the most interesting places to visit.

    One can find here pre-historic remains in a natural, 100m long cave, also an exceptional nature reserve, an ancient headland fortress (IV-III c. BC), two ring-shaped fortresses (IX-XII c.) called “Turkish Plate” and “Germanariu”, and a rural community rich in traditions.

    But the main object of visit in this area is one of the oldest monasteries in Moldova. The monastery has preserved the traditional monks’ way of life through the centuries and the “Holy Trinity” church built in 1777 is considered to be a representative sample of the old Moldavian religious architectural style. The church is situated in a beautiful natural setting in the valley of river Bulboana.


    Religious
    48.339507, 27.890478
    1091
  • Old Orhei

    ,,

    An unique historical and archaeological complex

     
     

    Old Orhei (Romanian: Orheiul Vechi) is a historical and archaeological complex, located in Trebujeni, at 60 kilometres (37 miles) north-east of Chişinău, on the Răut River.

    The ancient city Old Orhei – a unique natural and historical complex in the open air. It organically combines the natural landscape and vestiges of ancient civilizations. As a result of enormous archeological excavations here there were discovered the cultural layers of different epochs such as – the Paleolithic, Eneolithic, and Iron Age. The culture of Geto-Dacians of Early and Late Middle Ages is represented by the rests of earthen and wooden fortresses of Geto-Dacian period and the traces of two medieval towns – Shehr al-Djedid town of the Golden Horde period and the Moldovan town Orhei and also by orthodox cave monasteries (IX-XV centuries).


    Historical
    47.301614, 28.966742
    1090
  • Cricova Winery

    ,,,

    The Underground City of Cricova - Moldova's wine treasure

    The biggest cellars in the whole world are, with no doubt, situated in Cricova, only a few kilometers north of Chisinau.

    Here, underground lies a real city of wine – with wide streets, warehouses, tasting-rooms, which are a veritable masterpiece of exquisite architecture. In the underground streets like “Cabernet”, “Feteasca”, “Pinot”, buses of tourists find their way to the cellars.

    The total length of the underground galleries in Cricova exceed 60 kms, and the constant annual temperature is +12 oC. With an average humidity of 97-98% these are perfect conditions for keeping some 30.000.000 liters of high quality wine. Cricova is a multitude of brands of high quality table red and white wines, produced by original technologies, 15 brands of sparkling wines, the collection of vintage wines numbers over one million of all sorts. Here there are stored unique French, Italian, Spanish wines, as well as samples from many other countries; the oldest wine dates back to 1902.

    In 2002, for its significant contribution to the national economy development, Cricova is offered the ''Order of Republic'' and afterwards, by the Presidential decree, is declared the object of national and cultural patrimony. Also, Cricova’ s wine-makers won over 60 gold and silver medals on various prestigious international exhibitions and competitions like "Golden Griffin" (Yalta), "FBAT International Wine Challenge" (Bangkok), "Prodexpo" (Moscow), "Chardonnay du monde " (Bordeaux), and others.

    Cricova is the only factory in Republic that produces sparkling wine through the classical French fermentation method – aging in bottles for up to 3 years. So Cricova is a highlight of any visit to Moldova.


    Wine Tours
    47.133781, 28.865204
    1088
  • Noul Neamţ Monastery

    ,,,,,

    Noul Neamţ is an all-male monastery located in Chiţcani, near Tighina, geographically in Basarabia but controlled by the breakaway Transnistrian authorities. It is also known as Mănastirea Chiţcani, and it is the biggest religious complex under the control of Transnistrian authorities.

    Noul Neamţ is an all-male monastery located in Chiţcani, near Tighina, geographically in Basarabia but controlled by the breakaway Transnistrian authorities. It is also known as Mănastirea Chiţcani, and it is the biggest religious complex under the control of Transnistrian authorities.

    The monastery of the Holy Ascension in New-Neamts is situated in Basarabia, on the right shore of Dniester, at a distance of 14 km from the town of Tighina (Bender) and 6 km from the Tiraspol City. The monastic complex rises grandly to the sky, being seen from the distance by the people coming near the village of Chitcani.

    There’re four churches on the territory of the monastery. In center of it, the wonderful Ascension cathedral is situated. On its left there is the old church built in the honor of the Saint Hierarch Nicholas the Wonder-Worker. Opposite there is a refectory church, of the Ascension of the Holy Cross. The Dormition church is a congruous part with its five chapels completing the general view of the monastery.

    The name signifies that the monastery is a successor of the Neamţ Monastery in Romania (medieval Moldavia).

    The monastery was founded in 1861, when several monks from the Neamţ monastery left and founded Noul-Neamţ in Chiţcani. The founding of the new monastery was a protest against the measures taken in United Principalities of Romania to confiscate monastery estates and forbid the usage of Slavonic language in worship.

    On 16 May 1962 Soviet authorities closed the monastery; the buildings became a hospital.

    The monastery church was reopened in 1989, followed in 1991 by the Romanian-language school for Orthodox priests.


    Religious
    46.787132, 29.599829
    1017
  • Japca Monastery

    ,

    The Japca Monastery is situated on the shore of Nistru River at the distance of 10 km from Camenca. It is the only monastery from Basarabia which was never closed by the Soviet authorities.

    The Japca Monastery is situated on the shore of Nistru River at the distance of 10 km from Camenca. It is the only monastery from Basarabia which was never closed by the Soviet authorities.

    The Japca area (160 km north the Chisinau) is very well known for its convent of nuns, the only one to remain open during the Soviet period. In XVIIth c. the convent community was similar to a fortress. The first recorded date of the hermitage goes back to 1693, when the monks lived in the inside cells and held religious services in the church, which was also inside caves. In 1770 the monks moved out to the current monastery. It was a period of a new construction style and increasing wealth. A rich library was founded too. At the beginning of the XIXth c. stone churches were built as well. The most important church of the convent was frequently rebuilt, thus now having three altars: Resurrection, Transfiguration, Crucifixion. Visitors are very impressed by the traditions that still prevail within the community.


    Religious
    47.988198, 28.711138
    966
  • Curchi Monastic Complex

    ,,,,

    Is located in one of the most picturesque areas in the center of Moldova, in the neighborhood of the village Buzesti. According to a legend, the monastery was founded in 1765 by Jordache Curchi, local inhabitant, who escaped from Tatar invasion with his brother Michael and the family of Buzesti priest.

    Is located in one of the most picturesque areas in the center of Moldova, in the neighborhood of the village Buzesti. According to a legend, the monastery was founded in 1765 by Jordache Curchi, local inhabitant, who escaped from Tatar invasion with his brother Michael and the family of Buzesti priest.

    Monastic complex of Curchi consists out of: summer stone church of “The Blessed Virgin Birth”, winter church of “The Saint Dmitrii”, fruit garden, a lake, stone pond and monastery cemetery. A yard and a monastic building represent two porches that are surrounded on perimeter by the buildings of brothers monastic cells, prior’s chamber and household constructions. There is also a museum on the territory of the monastery. In that museum it is possible to see the exhibits testifying the life and culture of ancestry.

    The architects appealed to the best samples of classicism, at the same time giving their construction a distinct baroque touch.

    During the Soviet regime this place of worship was transformed into a psychiatric hospital. Until 1999 the monastery was left to its own devices, being deserted and almost ruined.


    Religious
    47.333617, 28.653116
    963
  • Saharna Monastery

    ,,

    The “Holy Trinity” Monastery of Saharna, situated about 110 km north of Chisinau on the right side of the Nistru, is considered to be one of the biggest centres for religious pilgrimages in Moldova. The monastery was founded by the hermit Bartolomeu in 1776. Today, it represents a complex of constructions: summer church of Saint Trinity (1818-1821), sanctified by the metropolitan G. Banulescu-Bodoni; winter church of Virgin’s Assumption (1863) guards the relics of Saint Macarii; cells and the chapel of Virgin Maria with a miracle icon.

    The “Holy Trinity” Monastery of Saharna, situated about 110 km north of Chisinau on the right side of the Nistru, is considered to be one of the biggest centres for religious pilgrimages in Moldova. The monastery was founded by the hermit Bartolomeu in 1776. Today, it represents a complex of constructions: summer church of Saint Trinity (1818-1821), sanctified by the metropolitan G. Banulescu-Bodoni; winter church of Virgin’s Assumption (1863) guards the relics of Saint Macarii; cells and the chapel of Virgin Maria with a miracle icon.

    Here can be found the unique relicts of St. Cuvios Macarie, and on the top of the high cliff, according to a legend, there is a footprint of St. Maria. The legend says that a monk from the monastery (X-XII c., documentary XVII-XVIII c.) once saw the shining figure of Saint Maria on the top of a rock. When reaching that spot the monk saw a mark of a footstep on the ground. This vision was considered to be a divine announcement and evidence of the holy purity of this place. Near this spot a new wooden church was built and the “Holy Trinity” monastery founded (1777). Later the wooden church was replaced by a brick one built in an old Moldavian style, decorated with frescos. Meanwhile the community of monks expanded.


    An exceptional panoramic view of the numerous rocky hills and the forests around the small 16-km river, which runs down 30 cascades and waterfalls, is opened up to the traveler from the cliff-tops. Here there is also an important archaeological site with the remains from the Iron Age (X-VIII c. BC) and a Geto-Dacian headland fortress (IV-III c. BC), which has been preserved in a better condition than any other in Moldova.


    Religious
    47.694820, 28.965626
    962
  • Tipova Monastery

    ,,

    In Tipova on the rocky side of the Nistru river (about 100-km north of Chisinau), is the biggest Orthodox cave monastery in Moldova and in Eastern Europe.
    Long before the feudal state of Moldova was formed, a community of monks was established here. Some say that in the X-XII c. (according to others in the XVI-XVIII c.) some cells were dug inside the steep cliffs of the Nistru.

    In Tipova on the rocky side of the Nistru river (about 100-km north of Chisinau), is the biggest Orthodox cave monastery in Moldova and in Eastern Europe.

    Long before the feudal state of Moldova was formed, a community of monks was established here. Some say that in the X-XII c. (according to others in the XVI-XVIII c.) some cells were dug inside the steep cliffs of the Nistru.

    In 1776 a prosperous period started when the monastery was divided into large parts, separated by massive columns. During the Soviet period the monastery was closed and destroyed. In 1975 the ruins of the Tipova monastery were protected by the State and in 1994 religious services resumed.

    It is said that the wedding of our great Ruler Stefan cel Mare and his wife Maria Voichita was held in this monastery. Another legend says that the mythological poet Ortheus spent his last years on these hills and is buried in a nook of a waterfall.

    In ancient times (IV-III c. BC) a Geto-Dacian fortress stood in the grounds. Its remains are still visible.


    Religious
    47.603660, 28.985217
    961
  • Hincu Monastery

    ,,

    In 1678 in a forest at the source of the Cogalnic river (about 55 km West of Chisinau) was founded a convent of nuns. The legend about the foundation of convent says that once, one of the eminent courtiers of the XVIIth century, Mihalcea Hincu with his daughter Paraschiva, escaping the Tatar foray, on the one clearing of Codri forest swore to built a monastery at that place if they survive. The convent was named Parascheva. The wooden churches and cells were often destroyed by the Tartar invasions during the XVIIth c., and the “St. Parascheva” monastery remained uninhabited.

    In 1678 in a forest at the source of the Cogalnic river (about 55 km West of Chisinau) was founded a convent of nuns. The legend about the foundation of convent says that once, one of the eminent courtiers of the XVIIth century, Mihalcea Hincu with his daughter Paraschiva, escaping the Tatar foray, on the one clearing of Codri forest swore to built a monastery at that place if they survive. The convent was named Parascheva. The wooden churches and cells were often destroyed by the Tartar invasions during the XVIIth c., and the “St. Parascheva” monastery remained uninhabited.

    In 1835 a stone church was built in a Russian-Byzantine style for the summer period. The Convent was one of the richest monasteries on the south of Moldova from the XVIIth century.

    From 1956 to 1990 the convent was closed by the Soviet authorities, and it functioned as a sanatorium for the Ministry of Health instead.

    In 1990, at the request of the local population, the Hincu Monastery was reopened, becoming one of the most well arranged and most visited religious communities.

    A lot of water springs surround the convent, one of them is mineralized.


    Religious
    47.078929, 28.321939
    960

Тип экскурсии

Pages